Homemade Body Wraps for Weight Loss.
Sometimes the standard cardio weight loss plan of eat healthy and get some exercise can get a little boring. So lately, I have been looking at other interesting weight loss techniques and I stumbled upon homemade body wraps for weight loss. Body wraps are basically a wrap that you can place around yourself in order to lose weight, detox your system, and improve your skin.
I have a friend that is a distributor for one of the large weight loss body wrap companies called “It Works!” I was surprised though when I learned that they charge as much as $25 dollars for a small weight loss body wrap.
Then I looked at what the local spas charge and was shocked at the prices that ranged from $99 to as much as $300 for one weight loss full body wrap.
I started doing some checking around to see if it was possible to make my own weight loss body wraps. I found numerous books and websites that have many great recipes that help you lose inches, save you money, detox you, and help your skin all at the same time. The idea behind the weight loss body wrap is pretty simple.
How To Make The Homemade Body Wraps for Weight Loss Recipe.
- 1 cup of green clay, brown clay, or yellow clay
- ¼ of a cup of sea salt or Epsom salt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil or lemon grass oil.
- 2 cups of water
- Seaweed and other herbal ingredients, depending on your preference you can use chamomile, lavender, or any other of your favorite herbs. Chop herbs in a food processor.
Bring the water to a boil in a pot or a crock pot. Add sea salt or Epsom salt and stir until dissolved. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until it becomes like a paste. Allow to cool enough so that it is comfortable to the skin, but be ready to quickly apply the bandages at this point.
The Steps for Homemade Body Wraps for Weight Loss.
- Get some plastic sheeting from the home repair store. Cut out one to lie on and one put your mixture on.
- Then set up your cocoon of blankets in a good spot. Have reading material or your tablet handy.
- Take a warm shower before and exfoliate your skin.
- Dip bandages in the clay based herbal weight loss recipe and place onto the spots you want to work on or your whole body.
- You can also apply the homemade body wrap recipe direct then place the wraps on.
- You can use special wraps, old towels, ace bandages, or plastic wrap.
- Then lay under an electric blanket or one of those emergency blankets for about 60 minutes.
- You want the room temperature to be very warm.
- Drink lots of water before, throughout, and after the wraps session during a 72 hour time frame.
- Take measurements of the areas of your body you want to lose inches in to track it.
Repeat this about once a week for six weeks.
Conclusion for Homemade Body Wraps for Weight Loss.
The great thing about making your own homemade body wraps for weight loss is that you can do them when you feel like it and not by the schedule of some spa.
Once you buy the main ingredients you don’t have pay each time you want to do a body wrap.
By doing homemade body wraps for weight loss on a regular bases you will get the benefits of losing inches in hard to lose weight trouble spots, detoxification, and great looking skin.